We have been working on HP-SAS in our project . Its really wonderfull tool to automate your IT enviroment changes and for managing a whole Data Center . I started learning and using it for patching windows server but it has lot of capability that can make changes on the OS level .
I will keep sharing what all i am learning day by day with the help of our Team and manuals . Let me first share what all activities we have done with the help of it .
1. Patching any OS ( We patch Windows server )
2. Deploying any software on Multiple server in single shot .
3. Auditing Reports
There are lot things that we can do , i am also exploring and getting handy to use this tool and learn some scripting to automate the task . We have HP-NAS also that can automate the networks .
Opsware’s Network Automation System (NAS) and Server Automation System both contributes to enabling general control for IT and changes in the enviroment . NAS/SAS also improves the current network operations by utilizing the following features in a network and server environment:
- It provides a single platform view in a multi vendor environment.
- The NAS/SAS can establish CMDB (Configuration Management DataBase) by automatically collecting configuration information.
- Access via the core server. With this function, NAS/SAS offers a system with traceability to record who, what and when.
- Policy-base operation. The system can define rules depending on the IT administrator’s know-how on configuration and security. Thus, offers high reliability and with this knowledge management, responds to the lack of manpower.
- Strongly supports internal auditing. This is achieved by enabling functions baportingsed on the above (#3) feature.
- Significant cost reduction. Because all the operations above are done automatically, it enables significant cost reduction.
Will update soon .