After working on the live enviroments and going through the operations handling in the ITIL based infrastructure i thought i should write about it so that it helps us to see what is the role of the change mangement team in the ITIL based IT enviroments . Basically its part of Service transition level in ITIL library .
I think its the main team which is responsible for the following roles and resposibility :
- Raising and recording of changes
- Assessing the impact
- Cost ( till now we have not done it trying to learn it )
- Benefit and risk of proposed changes
- Developing business justification and obtaining approval
- Planning the changes and reporting on planning (SOP & POA )
- Managing and co-ordinating change implementation
- Monitoring and reporting on implementation
- Reviewing and closing change requests
ITIL Says change management as :
- The goal of the change management process is to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes, in order to minimize the impact of change-related incidents upon service quality, and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization.
Where Changes come from?
Changes can come in 2 ways :
- When any problem has occured
- Many standard Changes come from proactively seeking business benefits such as reducing costs or improving services.
What is SLA in terms of Change Managment ?
- Details of the Change process are always documented in SLAs to ensure that Users know the procedure for requesting Changes and the projected target times for, and impact of the implementation of Changes.
What is CAB ( Change Advisory Board ) ?
- These are group of people who can give expert advice to the Change Management team on the implementation of Changes.
- This board is likely made up of representatives from all areas within IT and representatives from business units as well as any external parties that are deemed necessary to review and make corrections if required . ( L3 TEAMs)
If any one has suggestions and finds any thing to be added then please share it as comments i will be happy to add it in this post .
Next post will be on Service transition in ITIL library .