After working on infrastructures there are some basic technology which i came to know while reading about them one of them is WMI ( Windows Management Instrumentation ) i am also exploring it and trying to findout which all administrative or developement stuff i can learn from it just to manage remote systems .
- WMI is basically used to manage windows based operating systems .
- Its a infrastructure for windows based system .
- System administrator can automate administrative tasks for windows OS based system .
- It can supply management data to different other parts of operating systems and products like : SCOM , or Windows Remote Management (WinRM ).
- With the help of WMI we can use scripting language like VBscript and Powershell .
- It comes with mostly with every os : Windows Management Instrumentation Command-line .
- Architecture of WMI & Components :
- Managed objects and WMI providers
- WMI infrastructure
- WMI consumers
- Its implementation of an industry standard for providing management information to all of the software and hardware elements
- The man behind WMIC is Jeffrey Snover, who went on to bring us PowerShell.
Examples : from Command Prompt
Output : wmic:root\cli>
For Help :
For BIOS information :
wmic:root\cli>BIOS List Brief
All Running Process
Disk Information :
wmic:root\cli>Diskdrive List Brief
PageFile Information :
I am still exploring it will keep posting about it .