We have MS SQL 2008 R2 Database server in our environment but we are currently not aware in case there are more performance issue coming in the environment. After learning some of the issues and technical reference we thought to include some points which might be good in resolving issues of performance for the first time :
- How to check the SQL Queries running by individual user ?
- How to check the long running queries in the MS SQL server ?
- SQL Profiler to identify any poor performing queries ?
- SQL Profiler can be used to perform auditing on your SQL Server instance ?
- How to identify the deadlocks in MS SQL server ?
- How to identify Blocking in MS SQL server ?
- How to identify missing and unused indexes in MS SQL Server ?
- How to identify I/O bottlenecks in MS SQL server ?
- How to identify poor query plans in MS SQL server ?
- How to check statistics in MS SQL server ?
- How to use wait stats in MS SQL server ?
- How to identify fragmentation is needed in MS SQL server ?
There are more questions which can be answered once all the tools are used with proper technical guidance.